Monday 28 November 2016

Seasonal play!

The Elves and the Shoemaker.
Introduction: Welcome to our winter show. We are going to tell you the story of the elves and the shoemaker. We hope you enjoy it.

Narrator 2: It was Christmas week. The shoemaker and his wife were working in their shop. Outside everyone was preparing for Christmas. People were shopping, buying gifts and listening to Carol Singers.

Some Carol Singing Rudolph the red nosed raindeer

Shoemaker: Did you hear that. Carol Singers. Christmas is coming. Perhaps business will get better when people start buying presents.

Wife: I hope so.

Shoemaker: If I sell a pair of shoes tomorrow I will be able to buy enough food for a nice Christmas dinner. I will try to buy you a present also.

Wife: I don't want a present, a nice Christmas meal will make me happy. My Christmas wish is that everyone will have enough to eat this Christmas. This leather will be enough to make a beautiful pair of shoes. It's getting late, let's finish up.

Shoemaker: I will just finish cutting this leather. I will make the shoes in the morning.

Narrator 2: The shoemaker and his wife went home. During the night some elves arrived in the workshop.

Elf 1: My feet are freezing.

Elf 2: Let's warm ourselves by the fire.

Elf 3: If we are going to stay here to keep warm, we should leave the householders a present.

Elf 4: But we haven't any money to buy them a present.

Elf 5: There must be something we can do. We can show them we are thankful in another way.

Elf 6: Look at that leather. We can help them and say thanks by making a pair of shoes.

All: We'll tap, tap, tap all night
       We'll tap and tap with all our might.

Narrator 1: The next morning the shoemaker and his wife came downstairs.

Wife: These are the best pair of shoes you have ever made.

Shoemaker: I didn't make these.

Wife: They are beautiful, perfect, elegant, amazing. You must have been up so late working on these?

Shoemaker: I didn't make these!

Wife: Oh I just love them. Maybe I'll just keep them.....

Shoemaker: Give me those... You already have 3 pairs that look exactly like these... I will put them in the window.

Customer: Can I have the shoes in the window please. They are beautiful.

Wife: Well......

Shoemaker: Of course. Here you go. Merry Christmas.

Shoemaker: Great. I have enough money to go buy more leather. I think I will be able to make a pair just as nice as those.

Returns with leather

Shoemaker: It's getting late. I will cut the leather and make the shoes tomorrow. Turn up the radio 
please. This is my favourite Christmas song. (Whole class sing a song) Jingle bell rock

Elves: We'll tap, tap, tap all night
           We'll tap and tap with all our might.

Wife: Wow. Another beautiful pair of shoes. When did you make these?

Shoemaker: I didn't. I will put them on the window.

Customer 2: Can I have those shoes on the window. I am going to spend Christmas with my sister. I know she will love them.

Shoemaker: Look! Now we have enough money for a beautiful Christmas dinner and to buy more leather.

Wife: It's a miracle. My Christmas wish came through. We need to find out who has been helping us. Let’s sleep downstairs tonight.

Enter Elves

Elf 1: It's so warm again in here. This is way better than the cold woods. Let’s get down to work.

All: We'll tap, tap, tap all night
       We'll tap and tap with all our might.

Wife: O look at them. They are brilliant! They have helped us so much. How can we thank them?

Shoemaker: I spent all of our money on food and leather. I wish we could afford to get them something.

Wife: I know.... I will make them some warm clothes. I have some warm clothes upstairs. I think they will appreciate that.

Narrator: The shoe maker and his wife spent all of Christmas Eve making clothes and shoes for the elves. That night they hid again and waited for the elves to arrive.

Elf 2: Where is the leather?

Elf 3: Look! They have clothes and a card on the work table. It has our names on it.

Elf 4: Dear Elves,
Thank you so much for your excellent shoemaking. You have helped us so much. Please accept these clothes as our way of saying thanks. Please join us tomorrow for Christmas dinner. We don't have a lot but your company would make us very happy on Christmas day.

Elf 5: This is the best Christmas present ever.

All gather around the table for dinner

Shoemaker: Thank you for coming. It is great to spend Christmas with others. My Christmas wish is that everyone has someone to spend Christmas with and that no one is lonely.

Wife: My Christmas wish is that everyone has enough food to eat this Christmas.

Elf 6: Our Christmas wish is that everyone has somewhere to spend Christmas. Mrs Shoemaker, what is your favourite Christmas song?

All sing song. We wish you a merry christmas


Narrator 2: Thank you for coming to our show. We wish you all a happy Christmas. Our Christmas wish is that you will all have a Christmas filled with fun times with family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homework (14/05/18 - 25/05/18)

Homework (14/05/18 - 25/05/18) *If your child is using a homework pass can you remind them to write that in their homework copies or whe...